Minor Planet Electronic CircularsThe Minor Planet Electronic Circulars (MPECs) carry news on unusual minor planets and some routine material on comets. New discoveries of unusual minor planets (both near-Earth and trans-Neptunian objects) are now announced via these circulars. Improved orbits appear frequently. Monthly lists of observable unusual objects, observable distant objects, observable comets and the critical list of numbered minor planets also appear on these circulars. Daily Orbit Update MPECs, issued every day, contain new identifications and orbits obtained over the previous 24 hours.
- MPEC 1998-F20 New discovery
- MPEC 1998-F10 Updated orbit
- MPEC 1998-F11 Daily orbit update
- MPEC 1998-G19 Observable comets
- MPEC 1998-G20 Distant minor planets
- MPEC 1998-G21 Critical-list minor planets
- MPEC 1998-G22 Unusual minor planets
Details on how to subscribe to the MPECs are available. E-mail delivery of the DOU MPECs can be suppressed on request.