MPCAT-OBS: Observation ArchiveThe links below provide access to complete observational sets for numbered and unnumbered minor planets and comets. Due to the size of the files, they are available only in gzip-compressed form.
You are reminded that any use of these data, or of data derived from these data, requires you to maintain the reference information on any redistribution.
The file sizes are for the uncompressed versions and the files are complete through the 2013 NOV. 17 batch of Minor Planet Circulars. The gzip-compressed versions of the data files are roughly 20% of the size of the uncompressed data files.
- Numbered minor planets
- Unnumbered minor planets
- Natural outer irregular satellites of the giant planets
- Minor-planet observation files updated through the most recent mid-month MPS batch (dated 2013 DEC. 8) are now available. The sizes of the files will be comparable to the sizes listed above but (obviously) somewhat bigger.
- MD5 checksums
- Monthly numbered minor planets : aac195b7f6de0c8dbb8588a3b75fb7f9
- Monthly unnumbered minor planets : e7b4b199507b949d972e4a83814f989b
- Monthly comets : 1c2f2790dbb4a0c4a0bc14faf267197b
- Monthly natural satellites : 569d6b41ff866e50a2574f8ab101887e
- Mid-monthly numbered minor planets : b3746f463d0b2089378d8a2470703937
- Mid-monthly umnumbered minor planets : f3af4cbac9be4dfcbbd60704925a2580